OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter (Dec 13 – 20)
// The OpenStack Blog
The OpenStack project structure has been under heavy discussion over the past months. There was a long email thread, a lot of opinionated blogposts, a cross-project design summit session in Paris, and various strawmen proposed to our governance repository. Based on all that input, the OpenStack Technical Committee worked on a clear specification of the problems we are trying to solve, and the proposed way to fix them. Thierry Carrez wrote an excerpt of the approved resolution. To ejnoy with a cup of your favorite brew and away from distractions.
The work of 28 contributors (including 8 first-time contributors), this release is definitely operator-centric. Upgrade is recommended; as always you can upgrade to this release with no customer downtime.
- Proposal for Neutron core and vendor code decomposition [approved and merged]
- The state of nova-network to neutron migration
- [Openstack-operators] Packaging sample config versions
Deadlines and Development Priorities
- [nova] Kilo Project Priorities
- Neutron Priorities for Kilo
- [Nova] Mid-cycle meetup details for kilo
- How are we going with Nova Kilo specs after our review day?
Security Advisories and Notices
- [OSSN 0042] Keystone token scoping provides no security benefit
- [OSSN 0038] Suds client subject to cache poisoning by local attacker
Tips 'n Tricks
- By Adam Spiers: How to build an OpenStack cloud from SUSEcon's free USB stick handouts
- By Stefano Maffulli: How to get better at IRC-based meetings
- By chinmaynaik: OpenStack Havana to Icehouse Upgrade of Symantec Cloud
- By Michael Still: Soft deleting instances and the reclaim_instance_interval in Nova
- By Emily Hugenbruch: A guide to testing in OpenStack
- By VietStack Team: Openstack Juno installation guide on multinode on Ubuntu 14.04
2015 OpenStack Foundation Events Plan and Calls for Papers Available. The 2015 events plan is now available on the Global Events Calendar wiki. The detailed spreadsheet covers industry events, Summits (dates and locations), as well as regional OpenStack Days organized by the community. If you're interested in sponsoring or speaking at a planned OpenStack Day, please contact the contact listed in the spreadsheet.
- Jan 15, 2015 Deep Dive into Trove Austin, Texas, US
- Feb 05, 2015 OpenStack Day in Korea Seoul, Seoul, KR
- Feb 19 – 20, 2015 World Techies Forum Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
- Apr 13 – 14, 2015 OpenStack Live Santa Clara, CA, US
- Apr 22 – 23, 2015 China SDNNFV Conference Beijing, CN
- May 18 – 22, 2015 OpenStack Summit May 2015 Vancouver, BC
- Sep 17, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Bussum, NL
- Volunteers needed for OpenStack Stand at FOSDEM in Brussels
- OpenPOWER: Opening The Stack, All The Way Down
- keystonemiddlware release 1.3.0
- Kilo-1 development milestone available
- Release of python-keystoneclient 1.0.0
- OpenStack 2014.2.1 release for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and 14.10
- OpenStack Crossproject Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- Swift Stat error KeyError: 'items'
- Will swift support resumable upload in the future?
- What is the trust-scoped token?
- Can glance move images between storage backends?
- Cinder is not loaded with emc driver
- How to delete/stop/reset stuck cluster deletion in sahara dashboard??
- How do I detach a volume from a running instance
- How to read attributes of existing resources in Heat template
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
|Matt Borland||Erwan Velu|
|Peter Penchev||lu huichun|
|Moshe Levi||Ph. Marek|
|Jie Li||Shaoquan Chen|
|Erik Wilson||Putta Challa|
|Chris Gacsal||Brian Ruff|
|Kai Qiang Wu|
Trying to argue about how to implement a spec
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone