-- via my feedly newsfeed
We are happy to announce the release of pfSense® software version 2.3.2-p1!
This is a maintenance release in the 2.3.x series, bringing a number of bug fixes. The full list of changes is on the 2.3.2-p1 New Features and Changes page.
This release includes fixes for 34 bugs and 2 feature items completed.
If you haven't yet caught up on the changes in 2.3.x, check out the Features and Highlights video. Past blog posts have covered some of the changes, such as the performance improvements from tryforward, and the webGUI update.
As always, you can upgrade from any prior version directly to 2.3.2_1. The Upgrade Guide covers everything you'll need to know for upgrading in general. There are a few areas where additional caution should be exercised with this upgrade if upgrading from 2.2.x or an earlier release, all noted in the 2.3 Upgrade Guide.
While, nearly all of the common regressions between 2.2.6 and 2.3-RELEASE have been fixed in subsequent releases, the following still exist:
- IPsec IPComp does not work. This is disabled by default. However in 2.3.1, it is automatically not enabled to avoid encountering this problem. Bug 6167
- IGMP Proxy does not work with VLAN interfaces, and possibly other edge cases. Bug 6099. This is a little-used component. If you're not sure what it is, you're not using it.
- Those using IPsec and OpenBGPD may have non-functional IPsec unless OpenBGPD is removed. Bug 6223
Compared to pfSense 2.2.x, the list of available packages in pfSense 2.3.x has been significantly trimmed. We have removed packages that have been deprecated upstream, no longer have an active maintainer, or were never stable. A few have yet to be converted for Bootstrap and may return if converted. See the 2.3 Removed Packages list for details. pfSense 2.3.2 does bring back ntopng, and the vnstat (traffic totals) package is new.
pfSense software is Open Source
For those who wish to review the source code in full detail, the changes are all publicly available in three repositories on Github. 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 is built from the RELENG_2_3_2 branch of each repository.
Downloads are available on the mirrors as usual.
Downloads for New Installs and Upgrades to Existing Systems – note it's usually easier to just use the auto-update functionality, in which case you don't need to download anything from here. Check the Firmware Updates page for details.
Supporting the Project
Our efforts are made possible by the support our customers and the community. You can support our efforts via one or more of the following.
- pfSense Store – official hardware, apparel and pre-loaded USB sticks direct from the source. Our pre-installed appliances are the fast, easy way to get up and running with a fully-optimized system. All are now shipping with 2.3 release installed.
- Gold subscription – Immediate access to past hang out recordings as well as the latest version of the book after logging in to the members area.
- Commercial Support – Purchasing support from us provides you with direct access to the pfSense team.
- Professional Services – For more involved and complex projects outside the scope of support, our most senior engineers are available under professional services.