A Preview of new Chef support for AWS customers
// Chef Blog
Last year at re:Invent 2016, Amazon announced the availability of OpsWorks for Chef Automate (OWCA). Chef, available as a service to Amazon customers, opened up continuous automation to a whole new generation of customers creating cloud-native applications. This past year has been busy for Chef, as we have extended our support for AWS customers to bring the latest and greatest innovations for organizations who want to follow a detect-correct-automate pattern to best manage their application estate.
Today, we are announcing the results of this work in preparation for the AWS re:Invent conference later in November. These announcements include:
- Bringing the compliance features of Chef Automate 1.6 to OWCA
- Extending the new Habitat Builder support to native export containerized applications to EC2 container registry
- Chef's participation in the Amazon Public Sector programs for US Government private cloud customers of AWS
These innovations deliver new value and capabilities to AWS customers across the entire application delivery, deployment, management and compliance lifecycle. And they continue to build on our commitment to delivering a variety of choices for implementing Chef that maps to a customer's needs and preferences. Whether you use Chef through OWCA, acquire it through the AWS Marketplace, or extend your existing Chef investment to AWS in a hybrid environment, you can have the benefits of continuous automation and compliance across all of your systems.
Here are some additional articles and resources you may find valuable:
- AWS OpsWorks Now Supports Chef Automate with Integrated Compliance
- How to Automate Compliance with AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate
- Manage AWS Instances in Multiple Accounts with OpsWorks for Chef Automate
- Verisk Analytics: Automating Cloud Migration and Modernizing Legacy Applications with OWCA
- AWS OpsWorks Overview
Meet us at AWS re:Invent 2017
re:Invent 2017 is shaping up to be an exciting event for AWS customers and Chef is excited to be participating throughout the conference. Stop by our booth, one of our presentations, or say hi at the pub crawl. Check out what we have planned for the event, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!
Read in my feedly