Release: Chef Client 12.0.3
// Chef Blog
Today we have released a new version of Chef Client 12.0.3 which includes more bug fixes around Chef Client 11 to Chef Client 12 migration. We needed to skip version 12.0.2 since we have discovered an issue after building before releasing our final packages.
Here are the list of changes that are included in this release:
- Issue 2578 Check that
installedis not empty for
keg_onlyformula in Homebrew provider
- Issue 2609 Resolve the circular dependency between ProviderResolver and Resource.
- Issue 2596 Fix nodes not writing to disk
- Issue 2625 Fix missing
- Issue 2580 Make sure the relative paths are preserved when using link resource.
- Pull 2630 Improve knife's SSL error messaging
- Issue 2602 Fix
- Issue 2606 chef 12 ignores default_release for apt_package
- BackSlasher: Issue 2634 Fix
option ':command' is not a valid optionerror in subversion provider.
- Seth Vargo: Issue 2345 Allow knife to install cookbooks with metadata.json.
- gh2k: Issue 2625 Fix missing
How to get it?
You can visit our download page.
Additionally you can use this command to download the latest version of the Chef Client on platforms other than windows:
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s — -v 12.0.3
For Windows, you can download this version using this link: Chef Client 12.0.3
- Chef Client 11 to Chef Client 12 Migration docs: http://docs.chef.io/upgrade_client_notes.html
- Chef Mailing Lists: chef and chef-dev
- File a new Chef Client issue on GitHub Issues
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone