Configuration Management Camp
// Food Fight
A wrap-up of Configuration Management Camp 2015 recorded live at the end of the conference.
- Kara Sowles - twitter
- Gareth Rushgrove - twitter
- James Shubin - twitter
- Andrew Clay Shafer - twitter
- Kris Buytaert - twitter
- Nathen Harvey github, twitter, irc: nathenharvey, blog
- Panel Intros
- The Puppet Podcast
- The Genesis of ConfigManagementCamp
- 8 Track Conference in Gent, Belgium from February 2-3 2015
- FOSDEM Conference
- Differences between this year's conference and last year's
- Life of a Community Manager
- FOSDEM vs ConfigManagementCamp
- Widespread Maturity
- Building Images in Docker
- Tools and Solving Higher Level Problems
- Controversial Topics:
- Config management is a solved problem.
- Talks responding to talks.
- The future of configuration management.
- Distributed systems and ways to kill central orchestration.
- Orchestration is a smell.
- Dev and Ops hate each other.
- Chef in Europe
- Getting good as being a distributed community => Should we do a North American ConfigManagementCamp??
- Does geography and culture impact adoption?
- Honesty, sharing, and vulnerability
- Keep it niche; keep pushing forward W* here does ZooKeeper fit in?
- Technology Transition
The show is sponsored, in part, by Chef.
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone