The Cloudcast The ContainerPocalyse Ahead
// The Cloudcast (.NET)
Aaron and Brian announce a new partnership of O'Reilly Media! To kick things off The Cloudcast and O'Reilly have one free pass to O'Reilly Velocity to give away! Other great offers coming soon. Contest details:
- Velocity website: http://velocityconf.com/devops-web-performance-2015/
- Velocity Dates: 5/27-5/29 in Santa Clara, CA
- Contest runs 4/25-5/1
- What cool project are you working on? Send an email with details to email@example.com or @thecloudcastnet
- Winner announced on 5/3
- Want to register for Velocity now? Use promo code 20CLOUD for 20% off!
- Velocity Schedule: https://en.oreilly.com/devopswebperformance2015/public/register?cmp=mpwebopsconfregregvlca15_cloudcast_201504ct
Topic 2 - Most interesting feedback you've gotten since we pivoted the focus of the show?
Topic 3 - What's been the most interesting announcements, acquisitions, VC funding for you so far in 2015?
- AWS Earnings Announcement
- Nebula goes out of business
- Commercialized Kubernetes and Mesos (Mesosphere, Kismatic, CoreOS)
- Docker's Round D funding
- VMware's Container Announcement
- Infrastructure funding levels vs. Software funding levels
- Interesting Moves by Microsoft (Containers, Linux on Azure, etc.)
Topic 5 - We usually do end-of-year predictions, but stuff is moving so fast, maybe we should throw out 1 or 2 for the next 3-6 months?
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone