Chef Client 12.4.1 Released
// Chef Blog
We've just released Chef Client 12.4.1. This release fixes regressions that were in Chef Client 12.4.0. I've listed the changes that below:
- #3605 Rework
Resource#actionto match 12.3 API
- #3586 Fix bug preventing light weight resources from being used with heavy weight providers
- #3593 Fix bug where provider priority map did not take into consideration a provided block
- #3630 Restore Chef::User and Chef::ApiClient namespace to API V0 functionality and move new functionality into Chef::UserV1 and Chef::ApiClientV1 until Chef 13.
- #3611 Call
providesis not called
- #3589 Fix errant bashisms
- #3620 Fix issue where recipe names in run list mutate when version constaints are present
- #3623 Allow LWRPs to access the real class when accessed through
- #3627 Separate priority map and DSL handler map so that
provideshas veto power over priority
- #3638 Deprecate passing more than 1 argument to create a resource
How do I get it?
You can visit our download page.
Additionally you can use this command to download the latest version of the Chef Client on platforms other than windows:
curl -L https://www.chef.io/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -v 12.4.1
For Windows, you can download this version using this link: Chef Client 12.4.1
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone