The Cloudcast Tectonic Shifts at CoreOS
// The Cloudcast (.NET)
Aaron and talks to Brian 'Redbeard' Harrington (@brianredbeard, Principal Architect, CoreOS) about beardliness, CoreOS Fest, Project "Tectonic" and the latest on the "appc" specification as it relates to container formats.
- Want to register for OSCON now? Use promo code 20CLOUD for 20% off
- Details to win an OSCON pass coming soon!
- Check out the OSCON Schedule
- Free eBook from O'Reilly Media for Cloudcast Listeners!
- Check out an excerpt from the upcoming Docker Cookbook
- APPC Spec Gains New Support
- CoreOS State of the Union, from CoreFest
- Brian's talk at ContainerCamp ("Container days keynote: lessons learned from wearz, POSIX, and distributed computing")
- Brian's talk about "CoreOS Flannel"
Topic 2 - Let's talk about CoreOS Fest - Give us a quick recap and some of the highlights for you
Topic 3 - Tell us about "Tectonic" - Commercial Kubernetes Platform
Topic 4 - What's the latest on Application Container Specification ("appc") - https://github.com/appc/spec. Do you think we'll just see multiple container specs going forward (as we've seen with lots of technologies in the past), or is it possible that some will converge (or go away)?
Topic 5 - You're a systems person. Help us connect the dots in the CoreOS stack - from OS to Container Spec (rkt) to Discovery (etcs) to Networking (flannel) to Schedulers (kubernetes)
Music Credit: Nine Inch Nails (nin.com)
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone