-- via my feedly.com reader
The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 Update 1 is now available on the Microsoft Download Center. This update requires the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, available on the Microsoft Hardware Dev Center. (Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section, "Customize, assess, and deploy Windows on your hardware." The page also includes other Windows kits; remember for deployment you only need the Windows ADK for Windows 10.)
Significant changes in MDT 2013 Update 1:
- Support for the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10
- Support for deployment and upgrade of Windows 10
- Support for integration with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 with the Windows 10 ADK (see this post on the Configuration Manager Team blog for more information on using the Windows 10 ADK with Configuration Manager)
Here is a more detailed list of some specific changes in this release:
- Support for new Enterprise LTSB and Education editions of Windows 10
- Support for modern app (.appx) dependencies and bundles
- Improved support for split image files (.swm)
- Switched to using DISM for imaging processes (instead of deprecated ImageX)
- Deployment Workbench revisions for deprecated content
- Enhanced accessibility within the Deployment Workbench
- Revised lists of time zones, regions and languages in the Deployment Wizard
- Removed Start menu shortcut for "Remove PXE Filter"
- Several MVP recommended fixes for Windows Updates, password handling, and PowerShell cmdlets
- Added missing OOBE settings to Unattend.xml
- Unattend.xml default screen resolution changed to allow for automatic scaling
- Updated task sequence binaries from System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1
- New GetMajorMinorVersion function for integer comparison of Windows version numbers
We are still working to update the MDT documentation on TechNet, so in the short-term will use this blog to share any additional necessary information regarding this release.
Please continue to use the MDT Connect site to file bugs and feedback.
-- Aaron Czechowski, Senior Program Manager