-- via my feedly.com reader
Manage 2.0.0 is now available from the Chef downloads site.
This release gets a major version bump from 1.21.1 to 2.0.0, with the most major change being that the package is now called "chef-manage" instead of "opscode-manage."
It's a major version bump because of the name change, but you shouldn't find breaking changes or any major overhaul of the web interface.
This release is not currently running on hosted Chef, but is only available for on-premises installation. It will be deployed to hosted Chef soon.
The full change log is shown below.
Upgrading From Earlier VersionsWhen using Chef server 12.2.0 or earlier and running on Ubuntu,
chef-server-ctl install opscode-managewill install a version prior to 2.0.0. To install the latest version, you must use
apt-get install chef-manage.
When using Enterprise Linux,
chef-server-ctl install opscode-manage will install the latest version of chef-manage.
- Do not reset user's key when starter kit download fails because of invalid permissions on the validation client
- Add ability to configure Sentry, Google Analytics, and Marketo
- Ensure symlink to opscode-manage-ctl is created on postinstall
- Add ability to lock account after multiple failures to sign in
- Fix bug where opscode-manage upgrade failed when using yum
- Fix bug where grant checkbox tooltip would not disappear
- Allow sign in with email address
- Add some preliminary ground work for search sorting improvements
- Fix missing query string when performing searches
- Move chef-manage app and omnibus files into separate directories
- Update docs on blog posts in release instructions
- Upgrade to Rails 4 and Ruby 2
- Fix typo in development environment instructions
- Disable grant permissions checkbox on admins group
- Ensure correct directory is created before creating secrets file
- Ensure secrets file is created regardless of whether or not manage.rb exists
- Bind redis on 127.0.0.1 not 0.0.0.0
- Clarify dev environment setup instructions
- Improve password reset link expiration method