2.2.6-RELEASE Now Available!
// pfSense Digest
pfSense® software version 2.2.6 is now available. This release includes a few bug fixes and security updates.
Security Fixes and Errata
- pfSense-SA-15_09.webgui: Local File Inclusion Vulnerability in the pfSense WebGUI
- pfSense-SA-15_10.captiveportal: SQL Injection Vulnerability in the pfSense captive portal logout
- pfSense-SA-15_11.webgui: Multiple XSS and CSRF Vulnerabilities in the pfSense WebGUI
- Updated to FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p25
- FreeBSD-SA-15:26.openssl Multiple vulnerabilities in OpenSSL
- Updated strongSwan to 5.3.5_2
- Includes fix for CVE-2015-8023 authentication bypass vulnerability in the eap-mschapv2 plugin.
Bug Fixes and Change List
The bug fixes and changes in this release are detailed here.
As always, you can upgrade from any previous version straight to 2.2.6. For those already running any 2.2.x version, this is a low risk upgrade. For those on 2.1.x or earlier versions, there are a number of significant changes which may impact you. Pay close attention to the 2.2 Upgrade Notes for the details.
Downloads are available on the mirrors.
Downloads to Upgrade Existing Systems – note it's usually easier to just use the auto-update functionality, in which case you don't need to download anything from here. Check the Firmware Updates page for details.
Supporting the Project
Our efforts are made possible by the support of the community. We encourage you to contribute to the cause via one or more of the following.
- Gold subscription – Immediate access to past hang out recordings as well as the latest version of the official book in PDF, mobi and epub formats after logging in to the members area. Newly added this week with updates, it's now also available in Sphinx HTML format which provides a nicer browsing experience.
- Commercial Support – Purchasing support from us provides you with direct access to the pfSense team.
- Professional Services – For more involved and complex projects outside the scope of support, our most senior engineers are available under professional services.
- pfSense Store – stickers, apparel, pre-loaded USB sticks, and hardware direct from the source. Our pre-installed appliances are the fast, easy way to get up and running with a fully-optimized system. All are now shipping with 2.2.6 release installed.
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone
Post a Comment