The Cloudcast #268 - Multi-Cloud Serverless Platform
// The Cloudcast (.NET)
Aaron and Brian talk with Chad Arimura (@chadarimura, Founder/CEO of Iron.io) about the history of Serverless/Event-Driven/FaaS/Jeff computing, the differences in frameworks in the market, common customer use-cases and the need for multi-cloud platforms.
- Get a free book from O'Reilly media or use promo code PCBW for a discount - 40% off Print Books and 50% off eBooks and videos
- Iron.io Homepage
- Iron.io on GitHub
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Give us some of the background on Iron.io and how we've gotten from the start to where this serverless movement is going these days.
- Topic 2 - As the serverless movement has started to gain momentum, we've been seeing Iron.io mentioned in more and more partnership announcements with platform companies (Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, etc.). Gives us the basics of the Iron.io technologies - How does it augment these platforms?
- Topic 3 - There seem to be lots of events-driven platforms / frameworks emerging. What are the core elements that developers and operators should be considering?
- Topic 4 - Iron.io has been doing this for quite a while. What are some of the application and design patterns that customers use the Iron.io platform to accomplish?
- Topic 5 - What are some of the business challenges that are solved with these events-driven architectures? How do you have a business-level conversation around "serverless"?
- Topic 6 - Where are the open source elements of Iron.io and which parts are commercial?
- Email:show at thecloudcast dot net
- YouTube:Cloudcast Channel
Shared via my feedly newsfeed
Sent from my iPhone
Post a Comment