Preparing for Chef 14 release and Chef 12 End-of-Life
// Chef Blog
As we previously announced, April 2018 will mark two important milestones for Chef Client and ChefDK:
- Chef Client 14 and ChefDK 3 will be released near the beginning of April. This represent the fastest and easiest-to-use versions of Chef to date.
- Chef Client 12 and ChefDK 1 will become end-of-life on April 30, 2018. This means that no future feature or security updates will be issued after that date.
Live Demos and Q&A with Chef Experts
To help you prepare to migrate and discover what's new in the latest releases we're opening registration for two upcoming live webinars:
- Getting Ready for Chef 14 – Discover tips, tools, and examples for migrating from Chef Client 12. Register to attend live on Wednesday, March 7th at 10:00 AM PT.
- What's new in Chef 14 and ChefDK 3 – Join us for a deep-dive on the newest features in Chef 14 and ChefDK 3, with hands-on examples and a demo of the functionality. Register to attend live on Wednesday, April 4th at 10:00 AM PT.
We are also announcing two new Learn Chef Rally modules. These hands-on tutorials will not only help you with your migration away from Chef Client 12 but also to keep your cookbooks and Chef Client installations healthy in the future:
- The Keep Your Cookbooks Up-To-Date module teaches you how to use tools like Test Kitchen, Foodcritic, and InSpec to identify and remediate Chef language deprecations in your cookbooks. If you haven't touched older cookbooks for a few years, going through this track is a great way for you to accelerate your migration process.
- The Upgrade Your Chef Client module teaches you how to use the Chef Client Updater cookbook to keep the Chef client on your nodes up-to-date. This module contains an example of how to use this cookbook on AWS OpsWorks for Chef Automate. Over time, we will add more modules for a variety of Chef Automate setups, including the AWS and Azure marketplace images, as well as self-hosted Chef Automate servers.
As always, if you have questions or concerns about our new releases, or the sunsetting of support for Chef Client 12 and ChefDK 1, please reach out to your Chef account team. Thanks for using Chef!
The post Preparing for Chef 14 release and Chef 12 End-of-Life appeared first on Chef Blog.
Read in my feedly