The Cloudcast #357 - NFV, SDN, IoT from a Hackers Perspective
// The Cloudcast (.NET)
Aaron talks with Ray Watson (@RayRedacted, VP of Global Technology, Masergy) about a wide range of emerging technology topics, including NFV, SDN, IoT, Hybrid Networking and Managed Security. They also explore the evolution of Hacking.
- Massergy Homepage
- Ray at Black Hat - "BlackHat 2017: 5 Generations of Hacking"
- [PODCAST] @PodCTL - Containers | Kubernetes | OpenShift - RSS Feed, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and all your favorite podcast players
- [A CLOUD GURU] Get The Cloudcast Alexa Skill
- [A CLOUD GURU] A Cloud Guru Membership - Start your free trial. Unlimited access to the best cloud training and new series to keep you up-to-date on all things AWS.
- [A CLOUD GURU] FREE access to AWS Certification Exam Prep Guide - At A Cloud Guru, the #1 question received from students is "I want to pass the AWS cert exam, so where do I start?" This course is your answer.
- [FREE] eBook from O'Reilly
- Topic 1 - Ray, tell the listeners a little about yourself and your background. Your day job sounds cool, what does a VP of Global Technology do day to day?
- Topic 2 - We haven't done an independent trends show in awhile. I wanted to step back today and pick your brain on a few topics. We've talked a good bit about most of these topics over the years but I admit some of these areas have lost their "buzz" in recent years. So, A bit of a lightning round: NFV, SDN, IoT
- Topic 3 - You spoke at Black Hat in 2017, what was your topic and how was the experience? I've never been and pretty sure I shouldn't go...
- Topic 4 - Your company, Masergy, was names as a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary for Network Services. I'm really interested in this category as I haven't followed it much in the past. Masergy seems to be an intersection of hybrid cloud networking and security. Does this mean you are more of a services/consulting organization utiliting other products or are you developing your own products? (lots of follow on questions to ask here based on answers) Hybrid Networking? Managed Security?
- Topic 5 - What are some of the design and solutions challenges you face today? What pitfalls would you recommend listeners avoid when thinking about this space?
- Topic 6 - I suspect this topic may be a little non-traditional for some of our listeners, where can folks go to learn more?
Read in my feedly