Steve Buchanan (Principal Program Manager @ Microsoft & Author @ Pluralsight) talks about his journey in the Kubernetes community, building a personal brand through education and sharing, content creation and maintaining a healthy work life balance
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
NEW TO CLOUD? CHECK OUT - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- Datadog Synthetic Monitoring: Frontend and Backend Modern Monitoring
- Ensure frontend issues don’t impair user experience by detecting user-facing issues with API and browser tests with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
Topic 1 - Today we are going to be talking about careers and Kubernetes. Steve, welcome to the show! You have a super fascinating career journey, can you give everyone a quick introduction?
Topic 2 - I heard you over on the Kubernetes Unpacked podcast. First off, it’s hard to keep up with everything you are doing in the community these days. What is your current focus and passion? Have you reached 20 courses on Pluralsight yet?!
Topic 3 - How do you balance the day job (Program Manager for AKS) and the nights and weekends (PluralSight courses, blogging, podcasts, etc.)? Besides learning and sharing, what benefits are you seeing with this approach?
Topic 4 - I believe your journey parallels our journey here. We started the podcast to learn and give back to the community. Prior to the podcast, blogging was the big thing (we are completely aging ourselves I know) but I think it is safe to say blogging isn’t a primary source today. How would you recommend folks new to the industry get started sharing their journey? Where is the most “bang for your buck” these days?
Topic 5 - Let’s talk about Kubernetes and specifically AKS, what are customers finding new and interesting? What are the leading solutions and integrations you see combined with AKS? How do you create a “stack” in AKS (GitHub Actions, Azure Container Registry, etc.)
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
Welcome to “What Unites Us,” a podcast about building businesses meant to last. We’re...
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/3LFDYRr
Post a Comment