Luca Galante (@luca_cloud, Product @humanitec_com & PlatformCon Organizer) talks about the latest trends in Platform Engineering, what to expect at PlatformCon 2023, and how to get engaged and join the community.
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
NEW TO CLOUD? CHECK OUT - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
- Datadog Kubernetes Solution: Maximum Visibility into Container Environments
- Start monitoring the health and performance of your container environment with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Luca, how did you get involved with Platform Engineering and how did PlatformCon come into being?
Topic 2 - Platform Engineering is having its moment. There is a lot being written about Platform Engineering and a lot of customers, companies and vendors are all jumping on board. As someone who was there at the beginning, why do you think this happened? What was the need filled and the main problem solved?
Topic 3 - We often hear about IDP’s (Internal Developer Platforms) associated with Platform Engineering, often as the “product” or outcome. What are your thoughts on this?
Topic 4 - Every “hype cycle” eventually hits the dreaded trough of disillusionment. Momentum moves from excitement (Backstage as an example) into the “getting things done” stage and often complexity gets in the way. Do you see that happening here and how should the community address this?
Topic 5 - Let’s talk about PlatformCon. What is it and what should folks expect? Was 2022 the first year? How did it go? Any lessons learned you are bringing to 2023?
Topic 6 - You’re also heavily involved with the Platform Engineering Slack Community. I think you recently passed over 12k members if I remember correctly. How did that get started and what do you think contributed to such growth in such a short amount of time?
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/3os4epw
Post a Comment