If every company has become a software company, is it still easy to be a profitable software company? Lots of things are changing around the economics of software.
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
CHECK OUT OUR NEW PODCAST - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- Datadog Application Monitoring: Modern Application Performance Monitoring
- Get started monitoring service dependencies to eliminate latency and errors and enhance your users app experience with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
- Hashicorp adopts Business Source License
- New Relic to be acquired
- Datadog Consumption Trends
- Cloud Giants Q2 Trends
- Hugging Face adds new licensing
- The open source licensing war is over
BEING A SOFTWARE COMPANY - JUST BUILD A MOAT
- Are we sure every company wants to become a software company?
- Lots of software licensing changes in the news
- Making money as a software business, at scale, is difficult
PEOPLE DON’T LIKE MOATS AROUND THEIR SOFTWARE
- Open source is good for collaboration
- Open source could be good for marketing
- Software margins attract VCs
- Open source mostly hates software margins
- What happens to all the software companies funded by VCs over the last 3 yrs?
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/3Oq7CKs