Does it ever feel like all the technologies are just things layered on top of each other? Does it ever feel like platforms are a combination of Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
CHECK OUT OUR NEW PODCAST - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- GCore - Global Hosting, CDN, Edge and Cloud Services
- Use promocode “CLOUDCAST” to receive a €100 credit on Gcore services
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
- Datadog Application Monitoring: Modern Application Performance Monitoring
- Get started monitoring service dependencies to eliminate latency and errors and enhance your users app experience with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
WHEN EVERYTHING IS A PLATFORM, FOR PLATFORM ENGINEERING TEAMS
- Is everything really now on the shoulders of the Platform Engineering team?
- Are all platform engineering teams all combined together?
BE CAREFUL ABOUT CREATING THINGS WITH NO MEANING
- “It still stands as the best summary of the state of living we call Now imaginable. No business or brand means anything, no meaning cannot be bundled for the purpose of the sales team, nothing is too special that it can’t be balled up into a late night chaos meal thrown straight into the mouth of drunken capitalism.” - Holly Anderson and Spencer Hall, Channel 6
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/3OGCiZb