As we celebrate Labor Day (at least in the US), a few labor-centric topics are starting to dominate the headlines - Return to Office (RTO) and AI Augmentation. Let’s discuss how they might play out.
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
CHECK OUT OUR NEW PODCAST - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
- Datadog Monitoring: Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Start monitoring your infrastructure, applications, logs and security in one place with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- AWS Insiders is an edgy, entertaining podcast about the services and future of cloud computing at AWS. Listen to AWS Insiders in your favorite podcast player.
- Cloudfix Homepage
- Amazon tells employees to come back to the office
- Zoom is making staff return to the office
- Salesforce offers employees $10/day to return to the office
GO TO THE OFFICE, WORK FROM HOME, OR SOME SORT OF HYBRID?
- Why is the RTO being pushed? (Innovation, Collaboration, Teambuilding, Cost of Buildings, etc.)
- Does either side (Labor vs. Mgmt) have leverage?
- How will people talk about AI-driven productivity?
AI IS PROMISING TO DRIVE PRODUCTIVITY, BUT AT WHOSE COST?
- Should you go into the office?
- What are the benefits of being in the office? (proximity to power, more collaboration, visibility)
- Should you lean into AI augmenting or replacing a job function?
- Will AI go after basic jobs, middle jobs or unique jobs?
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/44AUmbN