Aaron and Brian answer mailbag questions from the community about the future of open source, future of VMware, the Big 3 Clouds and how AI will impact the next era of cloud.
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
NEW TO CLOUD? CHECK OUT - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- Datadog Application Monitoring: Modern Application Performance Monitoring
- Get started monitoring service dependencies to eliminate latency and errors and enhance your users app experience with a free 14 day Datadog trial. Listeners of The Cloudcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
- CloudZero – Cloud Cost Visibility and Savings
- CloudZero provides immediate and ongoing savings with 100% visibility into your total cloud spend
Q1: What are the bigger picture dynamics happening around open source?
Q2: Lots of companies talk about wanting to modernize applications, but it seems really complicated? Is there anything on the horizon to make it easier?
Q3: What have you seen as the most important things to make modernization work well?
Q4: Do you have any thoughts about Broadcom taking over VMware?
Q5: Has anything really changed in the dynamics between the three big cloud providers, or do you expect AWS to just stay in the lead for the foreseeable future?
Q6: During the Phases of Cloud shows, you talked about it beginning to start a new phase of the cloud. What expectations do you have for the next phase?
Q7: There have been a bunch of AI shows lately. If I’m not a Data Scientist, should I bother listening to those shows?
Q8: A bunch of us at work are experimenting with various AI technologies, but we’re being told by our employer that it might violate some legal issues and expose some work data. Any thoughts?
Q9: Do you have any plans to do any Cloudcast Basics series about some of the AI technologies?
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/471VtCL