Aaron, Brian and Brandon talk about the November OpenAI drama and how it potentially impacts the industry in 2024.
- Find "Breaking Analysis Podcast with Dave Vellante" on Apple, Google and Spotify
- Keep up to data with Enterprise Tech with theCUBE
FEEL FREE TO ADD OTHER / BETTER TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION
Topic 1 - Post-mortem - what do we know about what happened with the almost coup at OpenAI? What speculation (rumors) have been the loudest?
Topic 2 - What are the biggest unknowns?
- How is it possible that Sam Altman didn’t/doesn’t have a significant amount of equity in OpenAI and still remain so powerful?
- How is it possible that Microsoft invested this much in OpenAI without having more understanding?
- How did a company that seems to have so much power in AI seem to so suddenly almost crash the plane into the mountain?
- How much longer will OpenAI remain a non-profit organization as the core of the business?
- Given how close OpenAI was to having another funding round that would have made all the employees ultra-rich, how much of a mistake did the board make in assuming their concerns about Sam would be removed with a single firing?
- How much does Microsoft get diluted by the latest round of funding (if it happens)?
- Does Microsoft mitigate risks and start to hedge their bets a bit (Phi-2)
- Who writes the OpenAI book?
Topic 2a - What are going to be the biggest concerns and enticements for customers looking at different models to use? Is it ease of use? A single uber-model? Privacy and security? Latency?
Topic 2b - Who cracks the code on simplification and personalization? OpenAI with customer GPT’s? OSS models with fine-tuning/RAG? Amazon Q?
Topic 3 - Is it possible that the OpenAI model (e.g. GPT-4, or Q*) will continue to be considerably better than all the other existing and emerging models? Do compact or small language models take over? Do specialized models trained on private licensed data become a differentiator?
Topic 4 - Who is driving AI at Google? Is it within GCP, or is there now a commercial side of Google Brain / Deepmind?
Topic 5 - Who is driving AI at Amazon/AWS? How did AWS get into a position where it seems to have so little control over its models?
Topic 6 - Where will the control over AI reside (in the technology stack)? Where are the moats? Where are the commodities?
Topic 7 - Will the AI “wars” be more chaotic that the Cloud “wars” of the last decade? Will we see war-time CEOs? Will we see more irrational decisions?
Topic 8 - Will AI-specific clouds emerge? Will data-specific clouds emerge? Will model-specific clouds emerge? (NVIDIA DGX/DGX Cloud)
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet
from The Cloudcast (.NET) https://bit.ly/3TDxdE5