The Cloudcast #245 - The Chaotic State of IT in 2016
// The Cloudcast (.NET)
Brian talks with Amy Lewis (@CommsNinja, Co-Host of The Geek-Whisperers) about the chaotic state of the IT industry, how much location impacts day-to-day work, and how people are making positive transitions in their work.
- This show sponsored by Intel Cloud For All
- Get a free book from O'Reilly media or use promo code PCBW for a discount on all books
- The Geek Whisperers (podcast)
Topic 1 - Is the IT industry in a more chaotic state than it's ever been?
- Public Cloud vs. IT vendors
- Open Source Software vs. IT vendors
- People openly looking for new jobs
- IT customers being very confused about what to buy/use/trust
- Are we at the end of a 20yr cycle (Vendor-VAR-Customer-TechSwimLanes)?
Topic 2 - What's the pulse of your community? What are the most frequently asked questions (on-the-record and off-the-record)?
Shared via my feedly reader
Sent from my iPhone